Monday, August 4, 2008

Eph 1:3

How we praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we belong to Christ.

It has been a while since my last post, not because I don't have things to Praise God for, I just have been in a funk. But, this weekend my sister Nicolle sang the song "I Belong" by Kathryn Scott. She did an amazing job as usual, but as she was singing it I was so moved by the fact that I belong to God. It is something to be so thankful for and to be so proud of. One way I can think in our terms is when you are a newlywed and you are so proud to belong to your new husband. You just feel so enthralled with them and the fact that you belong to them. I felt that way about my relationship with the Lord after hearing this song. I am so thankful that I belong to God, my savior, redeemer and friend. And, I am amazed that nothing can separate me from His love! How amazing. Read Below...

I Belong (Verse 1) Not angels nor demons No power on earth or Heaven Not distance nor danger No trouble now or ever Nothing can take me from Your great love Forever this truth remains (Chorus) I belong Belong to You I belong Belong to You (Verse 2) Not hardship nor hunger No pain or depth of sorrow Not weakness nor failure No broken dream or promise Forever this truth remains Mildred Rainey and Kathryn Scott © 2007 Vertical Worship Songs c/o Integrity Media, Inc., 1000 Cody Road, Mobile, AL 36695 All rights reserved. Used by Permission. CCLI#5064067

No comments: