Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ruth 4:14

The women said to Naomi: "Praise be to the LORD, who this day has not left you without a kinsman-redeemer. May he become famous throughout Israel!

It has been a while since I did a post here. I never intended for this to be a set time frame, or a daily thing, just something I wanted to do to Praise God in hopes of proclaiming His goodness. Today I felt impressed to go to this portion in Ruth. At first I wasn't getting why I was here, reading this. But as I read it a few times it began to really speak to me. So, Boaz marries Ruth and she conceives. Then it says a women says to Naomi: 

 "Praise be to the LORD, who this day has not left you without a kinsman-redeemer. May he become famous throughout Israel!

In light of Naomi losing her family in such a time of tragedy. This was a glimpse of Hope for her. Little did she know through this little guy Obed would come David and eventually the lineage of Jesus Christ. 

So today, I Praise God for redemption through tragedy. The past few weeks have been hard for me. I can't stop thinking about my Uncle Guy. I feel as though I am somehow trying to figure out "Why?" I know I can't, and I know the pain I am experiencing, the relentless thoughts, are nothing in comparison to what my dear Auntie and Tiff & Kris, His family, My Parents & so many others are experiencing. But, today this was a reminder that God's plans are so much greater than ours. I am thankful for this reminder. Because, I know that all this was not in vain, it was not an accident or a medical oversight. It was the sovereign will of God and he has something great in store through it. I can't say that I didn't wish his plan was a little different, but then again, there is a reason I am not in charge here! He is God, he is faithful and I will trust the ultimate plan will be far greater than we could ever hope or imagine. 

No comments: