Monday, December 8, 2008

Psalm 42

 1 As the deer pants for streams of water, 
       so my soul pants for you, O God.

 2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. 
       When can I go and meet with God?

 3 My tears have been my food 
       day and night, 
       while men say to me all day long, 
       "Where is your God?"

 4 These things I remember 
       as I pour out my soul: 
       how I used to go with the multitude, 
       leading the procession to the house of God, 
       with shouts of joy and thanksgiving 
       among the festive throng.

 5 Why are you downcast, O my soul? 
       Why so disturbed within me? 
       Put your hope in God, 
       for I will yet praise him, 
       my Savior and 6 my God. 
       My [c] soul is downcast within me; 
       therefore I will remember you 
       from the land of the Jordan, 
       the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.

 7 Deep calls to deep 
       in the roar of your waterfalls; 
       all your waves and breakers 
       have swept over me.

 8 By day the LORD directs his love, 
       at night his song is with me— 
       a prayer to the God of my life.

 9 I say to God my Rock, 
       "Why have you forgotten me? 
       Why must I go about mourning, 
       oppressed by the enemy?"

 10 My bones suffer mortal agony 
       as my foes taunt me, 
       saying to me all day long, 
       "Where is your God?"

 11 Why are you downcast, O my soul? 
       Why so disturbed within me? 
       Put your hope in God, 
       for I will yet praise him, 
       my Savior and my God.


This year has not been all peachy keen. Since the passing of my Uncle Guy there have been several trials we have faced as a family. Hardships, broken relationships and heartache. Some that have affected us directly and others that have affected our loved ones and we have just had to stand back and watch the Lord work through it all. But one thing I have been so blessed by is that as a family & as a congregation there has been this theme of Praising even still. This scripture really sums up this year in alot of ways for me. Sometimes when you are going through trials...you realize the need for God even more so than in the past, just like it says..."as the deer pants for the water, so my soul longs for you Oh God!" Sometimes I think that place of need is such a good place to be in, you just want more and more of the Water that gives life! I am choosing (although it's not always easy during hardship) to stop and Thank the Lord for His faithfulness, and I am thankful that I can put my Hope in the Lord! I can't imagine going through this life without the Hope we have in Jesus.