Sunday, July 6, 2008

Psalm 40:3

He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.

A couple things stood out to me here. One is "He" put a new song in my heart. I don't know about you, but I love those times when the Lord rises a song up in your heart and you just can't stop singing it. Those times of worship are so sweet and simple and I love it when God puts a new song in my mouth! Then, the second part of that "many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord." The scripture goes on to say "blessed are those who do not turn to aside to false gods". And, I think this is so true in our own lives, when we are going through something whether good or bad if we choose to Praise God and we don't turn to other things...(the other gods in our own lives, whatever that may be), people around us see that and it says "many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord."  

No comments: