Thursday, July 17, 2008

Psalm 96:2

Sing to the LORD, praise his name; 
       proclaim his salvation day after day.

This week I have been on vacation. We went to San Diego and as we passed by some familiar places I started to get sad as I was reminiscing about some places my Uncle Guy had taken us. We had some fun vacation times together. But as soon as I started getting sad a song welled up in my heart. The words are: Thou oh Lord art a shield about me your my glory, You're the lifter of my head, hallelujah your the lifter of my head. I haven't heard that song in ages, but it is amazing how God knows just what you need, just when you need it. Every time I started to get sad this song just started playing in my head, (and Scott's too because I began singing it out loud in the car several times.) I am so thankful to be in relationship with a God who lift's our head, carries our burdens and knows just what we need. 


No comments: